Recycle Southern Ltd, and its related group companies (GR Ayling Building Contractors Ltd, Delta Holdings Southern Ltd) are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website and users any of our services (the “Services”). The following policy explains how we use and protect your information. This includes information sourced via our website, via telephone calls, emails, and in person.
1. What information do we collect about you?
· We collect information about you when you make an enquiry, ask for a quote or place an order for our Services.
· We collect information about you when someone uses our Services to obtain a quote or use our Services on your behalf.
· The information we collect is limited to what we need to perform the Services and is collected:
At the time of an order being placed for the Services: name, address, contact details (email and phone) and information given to help us complete the Services successfully (e.g. details about location or access). This information can relate to the person whose property we are arranging the skip to be delivered to, the contact for the day (if different) and the person placing the order (if different).
At the time of carrying out the Services: data about the waste (weight and size) and your name and signature (if on site) when you confirm the Services have been completed.
After the Services have been completed: voluntarily completed customer surveys and feedback.
· If you pay for the Services by card, online, we do not store the card details you provide. They are held by a third party card processor, in accordance with current laws and regulations.
2. Why do we collect information about you and how will we use it?
· We collect information about you to:
Respond to your enquiry, provide you with a quote, fulfil your order and/or manage your account.
On rare occasions, to provide our third party suppliers with the necessary information to carry out the Services on our behalf. The information we provide to them is limited to what is necessary for them to complete the Services and they have contractually agreed to treat the information we provide in the same way as we treat it.
Administer, support, improve and develop our business to improve the services we offer and to help us prevent fraud.
· We collect, retain and use the information to provide the Services as we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation). The basis for this is:
We have a legitimate interest in processing the information as it is critical to our ability to provide and improve the Services.
It is necessary for us to process the information, because without it we cannot provide the Services (as you would expect) and comply with our legal obligations.
We only process the information we need to provide the Services. We have considered your rights and interests in determining what information we store and use, and consider that they are not unduly impacted.
· We store electronic information we collect on a secure server. We store hard data (ie information kept for the purpose of fulfilling necessary obligations – EA, HMRC, within secure archives. This data is only stored within the EU.
· If we enter into a joint venture with, purchase or are sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to that entity, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
· We may use the information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our website terms or other agreement, or to protect the rights of Recycle Southern Ltd, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
· We retain the information for a minimum of 7 years in order to comply with our legal obligations to the tax authorities, and the Environment Agency.
· We carry out regular reviews of the information we store and will anonymise or delete information as is appropriate.
4. Your rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at address below in section 7. We may make a small charge for this service.
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate – we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can also ask us to stop using your data, which we will always try to accommodate unless there are legal reasons preventing us from doing so.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint about how we process your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. Other websites
7. How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy or information we hold about you. You may contact us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post (Elbridge Farm Recycling Centre, Chichester Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO21 5EF)